Because your pipes are underground and out of site, it’s hard to tell how old they are. While replacing them may be daunting, there are proactive ways to care for aging pipes and repairs that do not require excavation and complete replacement. Environmental Pipe Cleaning has the trenchless technology and knowledge to get you the most out of your pipelines and extend their lifespan.
Old Pipe Symptoms
Here are a few common symptoms of aging pipes. If you are experiencing some of the following, it may be a good idea to contact an Environmental professional to take a look.
- Recurring clogs – overtime, use of your pipes will cause build-up in your pipe’s interior. This build-up can affect your water flow and cause clogs in your lines. Routine cleaning will help to prevent clogs and corrosion caused by this build-up.
- Low water pressure – corrosion in your pipelines can constrict your waterways and cause low water pressure.
- Discolored water – if you are noticing a rust-colored tint or strange taste to your water, your pipes are most likely corroded and you should seek professional help as soon as possible.
- Higher water bills – corrosion in pipes often causes leaks and cracks which allow water to seep into the surrounding ground instead of going through your faucets.
- You own an old property – it may seem obvious, but older properties usually have older plumbing systems. If you are unsure of the state of your lines, it may be beneficial to get an expert inspection.
Environmental Pipe Cleaning’s Services
At Environmental, we have the tools and experience to accurately inspect your lines for any signs of aging. If we see an area of concern, we can recommend repairs that are right for you.
Our CCTV inspections allow us to get a detailed perspective of what is happening in your pipe’s interior. We navigate a small, waterproof camera throughout your system to see any signs of aging or cracks. If we find something concerning, we are able to address it accurately without any guesswork.
One of the best ways to care for old or aging pipes is to stay on top of routine cleaning and maintenance appointments. Our hydro jetting service allows us to clean your pipes safely and clear out any build-up that can lead to corrosion. This process involves inserting a pressurized water hose into your lines through an existing access point to blast away any debris.
CIPP Lining & Pipe Bursting
If your old pipes are damaged in a specific area, it doesn’t necessarily mean you need to replace the entire system. Our CIPP lining and pipe bursting services allow us to repair the damaged area from your pipes interior so that you don’t have to spend the time and money on excavating.
If you are concerned about your old pipes, Environmental Pipe Cleaning can perform accurate inspections and repair services to ease your mind. Call us today to learn more about our services or to schedule an appointment.