Plumbing and Piping Problems FAQ
Environmental Pipe Cleaning is a business that delivers high-quality plumbing solutions for those who need it. We specialize in pipeline repairs, replacements, and cleanings as well as CCTV inspections.
We understand you may have a few questions regarding plumbing repairs. For your convenience, we’ve answered the most common plumbing questions. If you have specific questions for our team, don’t hesitate to reach out to an experienced Environmental Pipe Cleaning technician.
What plumbing and piping services does Environmental Pipe Cleaning offer?
At Environmental Pipe Cleaning, we provide residential, municipal, industrial, commercial, and government properties with plumbing services. We resolve common plumbing difficulties like clogged drains and leaky pipes. We reline pipes, provide inspections, and use trenchless technologies to repair and restore your property’s pipes.
Our services include:
- Toilet repairs
- Unclogging pipes and drains
- Fixing leaky pipes
- Restoring low water pressure
- Water heater repairs and replacements
- Pipe bursting
- Pipe lining
- Drain inspections
- Fixing tree root invasions
- Replacing old, collapsed, or fractured pipes
- CCTX inspections
- Storm drain cleaning
- Backflow testing, repair, and installation
- Cure in Place piping
- Hydro jetting
If you’re unsure about what's going on with your plumbing, don’t hesitate to give us a call. One of our friendly and knowledgeable technicians can evaluate your problem, determine its cause, and fix it as quickly as possible. The best way to prevent expensive property damage is to get your plumbing problems resolved before they get out of control.
What areas does Environmental Pipe Cleaning service?
The team at Environmental Pipe Cleaning is proud to provide services throughout seven states. We have locations in the following regions:
- West Virginia
- North Carolina
- Washington D.C.
If your property is located in one of these states, don’t hesitate to give us a call to fix your plumbing, piping, sewer, and drain issues.
How do I pick the right plumbing and pipe technician?
When it comes to solving plumbing difficulties, there are a lot of choices available. However, it’s imperative you make the best choice for your budget and your safety. You should rely on a local, licensed, insured, affordable, and knowledgeable team.
To select the best candidates for plumbing repairs, ask your potential technician these questions:
- How long have you been in business? The length of time a company has been in business tells you a lot about their customer service. Environmental Pipe Cleaning has been operating for over 50 years. We provide thorough and dependable services that property owners continue to rely on.
- Is the business and all of its technicians insured and licensed? The business you deal with needs to be fully licensed, bonded, and insured before you hire them. If an accident occurs on your property, you will not be held liable as long as the company is insured. Our technicians are fully trained and capable to handle a variety of plumbing projects. We’re an insured, bonded, and licensed company. Property owners have a peace of mind knowing their home’s safety is in qualified hands.
- What is the estimated cost of fixing my problem? Before you agree to anything, make sure your plumbing company is charging a fair and affordable price. Ensure you’re hiring a well-qualified team that will stick to your budget. We present our clients with accurate estimates before providing any services. If we suspect the estimate will increase due to unforeseen circumstances, we alert property owners immediately. Being transparent is the key to our exceptional customer service.
- Who will be coming to my property to do the work? You should know who will be performing your plumbing services and how many technicians to expect. We always keep our customers well-informed about our technicians and what to expect during the repairs.
- Have you encountered similar problems to mine in the past? If you’re receiving home repairs, you want them performed by an experienced professional. At Environmental Pipe Cleaning, our expert technicians have been providing plumbing services for years. They know how to handle different pipe and drain issues and have high-quality equipment to make necessary repairs.
- Do you have references I can speak to? Don’t just take one company’s word on how good they are. Ask for a few references and read online testimonials. With over 50 years in the plumbing and piping industry, we have many references who would be happy to give you their feedback on our services.
- Are you local to my area? Make sure your technicians are close by and can offer your personalized service. Environmental Pipe Cleaning operates in seven states and is happy to provide property owners in those areas with reliable plumbing assistance.
What is trenchless plumbing and why should I use it?
The trenchless repair method replaces pipes without digging trenches. It’s becoming the most preferred method for sewer and pipe repairs. Instead of digging up your yard with excavations, trenchless technicians access pipelines through designated entry points. This makes trenchless repairs a faster and more affordable strategy. It’s an environmentally-friendly approach that doesn't disturb your property. Trenchless technology replaces old pipes with high-quality ones that can last over 100 years. Environmental Pipe Cleaning offers trenchless repairs to provide property owners with effective, affordable, and dependable plumbing solutions.
Why is my toilet running?
If your toilet constantly runs after you’ve flushed it, there's something wrong in its pipes. You may have a loose fill tube, imbalanced float, or sediment buildup causing blockages. These issues need to be fixed to avoid large clogs or a toilet backflow. If your toilet is constantly running, our team can provide a thorough inspection to diagnose and repair the issue.
How do I repair a blocked garbage disposal?
Your garbage disposal can handle a lot, but it’s not indestructible. Things go wrong, and when they do, it’s best to call a professional to make the right repairs. Clogs from food, sediment, grease, and garbage should be properly fixed to prevent foul odors and pipe damage. DIY methods may repair the problem in the short-term, but another clog will likely form later. Professional technicians can inspect your drain, breakup debris, and flush your system to prevent future buildup in your garbage disposal.
How can I tell if I have leaking pipes?
Leaks occur at your pipe’s joints. This is the weakest area of your pipes. Leaking pipes lead to water damage throughout your home. Telltale signs of leaking pipes include:
- Abnormally high water bills
- Mold or mildew growing on your walls
- Peeling wallpaper or paint
- Stained or sagging walls, ceiling, or floor
- Musty smells throughout your home or business
Environmental Pipe Cleaning performs sewer camera inspections to locate your leaks. This allows for fast, affordable, and effective repairs. The quicker you stop your pipes from leaking, the less water damage you’ll encounter.
What do I do if my drains are clogged?
Backed-up drains are a serious problem. They prevent water and waste from flowing away from your home or business. Standing water, foul odors, and strange noises in your pipes are common signs of clogged drains. Chemical products harm the environment and are only short-term solutions. A professional can give your drains a thorough cleaning. Hydro jetting services use water to break up clogs and prevent future buildup. If your drains are clogged, call your local pipe cleaning team.
Why do I have low water pressure?
Low water in one area of your home or business could be a sign of a small clog or leak. Low water pressure throughout your property signifies widespread mechanical problems. Your water meter valve and pressure regulator will need to be checked by professionals. Extensive pipe damage, corrosion, or clogs can be examined using sewer inspection cameras. Once the source of your low water pressure is identified, technicians can make appropriate repairs.
Should I be worried about a tree root invasion?
If an area of your pipeline is leaking, moisture attracts tree roots. As tree roots grow, they clog and crack your pipes. The longer the issue is ignored, the further the vegetation spreads. Common signs of a tree root invasion include gurgling noises, recurring clogs, slow drainage, and low water pressure throughout your property. If we suspect a tree root invasion, our technicians perform a camera inspection to identify where the roots are located. We use trenchless methods like hydro jetting and pipe bursting to flush out clogs and restore cracked pipes. New and improved pipes prevent future tree root invasions.
How do I know if my pipes are getting old?
Old pipes are susceptible to leaks and fractures that cause plumbing problems and property damage. Low water pressure, high water bills, recurring clogs, and discolored water are common signs of aging pipes. Our technicians perform camera inspections to analyze your internal plumbing system. If it’s time for a replacement, we use trenchless pipe bursting to install fresh, new pipes. Trenchless pipe bursting requires no excavation and allows a more durable pipe to take the place of the old one.
What is hydro jetting used for?
Hydro jetting is a trenchless method for reducing clogs in pipes and drains. It uses high-pressure water to wash away waste, debris, and tree roots. It’s strong, effective, and environmentally-friendly. Hydro jetting cleans your pipeline, so you don’t have to worry about lingering residue causing another clog. It’s a highly effective way to clean pipes and drains.
What is pipe bursting?
Old age and corrosion cause pipes to fail. If the pipe cannot be repaired, it must be replaced. Trenchless pipe bursting access the pipeline through a designated entry point. It expands the old pipe, making it burst. A new tube is installed securely into the area. The new pipe is very durable and made from High-Density Polyethylene. It creates faster water flow and is less likely to fail in the future. Trenchless pipe bursting doesn’t require excavation, so the process is quick and non-disruptive.
What does CIPP lining repair?
Cured in place pipe lining (CIPP) repairs different sewer line problems. It builds a pipe within a pipe by installing a cured pipe into an existing one. It doesn’t require excavation. Instead, small access points are used to enter the pipeline. The new pipes are built to last. CIPP repairs pipe damage on roof drains, sanitary sewer lines, storm drains, and industrial drains.
How often should my drains be cleaned?
The key to avoiding a plumbing emergency is to be proactive. Prevent water and sewer damage on your property by scheduling regular pipe and drain cleanings. If you aren’t experiencing plumbing problems, cleaning pipes and drains once a year is sufficient. If your property is large and has a lot of tenants, you may need more frequent maintenance. Drain cleanings prevent clogs, waste backup, and water damage. If you smell foul odors, notice abnormal sounds from your pipes, or experience slow drainage, call our professionals for an immediate drain cleaning. The longer you wait, the more severe your clog becomes.
What is a CCTV Inspection?
A CCTV is the most advanced and high-quality sewer camera available. We use these cameras to perform thorough pipe and drain inspections. They are attached to a camera tractor and lowered into your plumbing system via access points or manholes. Our operators control the camera from their service truck. It’s the best way to get a clear visual of your inner pipeline and diagnose the exact cause of your plumbing problem.
Will a pipe replacement destroy my yard?
If you choose traditional methods of pipe replacement, yes. Standard practices require extensive digging that destroys a landscape. Trenchless pipe replacement, however, does not. At Environmental Pipe Cleaning, we access your pipeline through small access points. This allows our technicians to replace pipes without causing a mess. Trenchless methods require no excavation, making them more affordable and faster than traditional pipe replacement.
Your Local Pipe and Plumbing Team
For all your sewer, piping, and drainage questions rely on the trusted team at Environmental Pipe Cleaning. Our industry experts can provide the answers you’re looking for. We use a variety of high-quality equipment to diagnose plumbing problems and make effective repairs. Our services are affordable, and our work is noteworthy. We’ve been providing plumbing and piping solutions for over 50 years because property owners know they can depend on us.