Clogged drains are inevitable. While there are preventative steps you can take to decrease your chances of getting a clog, use and age will likely result in a clog at some point. Fortunately, Environmental Pipe Cleaning, Inc. has the drain cleaning tools and experience to unclog your drain quickly.
Causes for a Clogged Drain
A clogged drain is essentially a drain that will not allow any water or waste to flow properly. What is less known are the types of materials that clog drains. Below are some of the most common types of clogs.
- Food – washing leftover food down the drain may seem like an efficient cleaning solution, however most food waste is better off being thrown in the trash. Food such as coffee grounds or ones rich in oil will not break down in your drain and will cause clogs.
- Tree roots – tree roots are one of the most stubborn types of blockages that can cause clogged drains. When you have a leak in your line, it can attract surrounding vegetation such as tree roots that will begin growing inside your pipe, causing a stubborn clog.
- Dirt – dirt from showering off or washing your clothes can get inside of your drains and cause clogs.
- Soap – a majority of soaps are made with grease or fats that will solidify in your pipes and cause clogs.
- Hair – hair that is shed during a shower is one of the most common causes for drain clogs. This hair creates a type of net that will catch other debris and quickly prevent proper water flow.
Environmental Pipe Cleaning’s Solution
Our team uses industry-leading, trenchless technology to unclog your drains quickly and safely. Here are a few of the services we offer:
Drain snaking is useful in unclogging minor, surface-level clogs on your property. Our technician will use a drain snake, which is a long, flexible, metal cable with an auger on one end and a handle on the other, to contact the clog and dislodge it.
If your clog is deeper and more stubborn, such as a tree root, our team will likely recommend hydro jetting. Hydro jetting is the most effective pipe cleaning service in the industry because it is safe and extremely efficient. This process involves a pressurized water hose that we insert into an existing access point in your lines. An Environmental technician will control the pressure of water as we spray it throughout your lines, blasting away and build-up and restoring proper water flow.
Our team also offers trenchless camera inspections to give you an inside glimpse at the health of your pipelines and any deeper problems that need repair. A technician will navigate a small, waterproof camera throughout your lines to pinpoint anything concerning.
If you are experiencing a clogged drain, a professional at Environmental Pipe Cleaning will find you a lasting solution at an affordable price. Call us today to learn more about our drain cleaning services or to schedule an appointment.